OHIO PEER RECOVERY SUPPORTERS
Statewide Learning Series
2020 Ohio Peer Recovery Supporters Learning Series
Designing Our Future
With support from
Have you got an idea for a recorded webinar for the 2020 Ohio Peer Recovery Supporters Learning Series?
Please check this site for updates and information related to the call for proposal presentation dates.
Workshop proposals are due by EOB Friday, July 17, 2020
The selection committee is open to a range of workshop possibilities. This year’s theme is “Designing Our Future.” We are especially interested in workshops that will leave attendees with new, practical information and skills they can immediately apply in the field.
• Design your 60, 90, or 120 minute course. Please indicate the amount of time you imagine your course will take to complete.
• Include all slides, power points, etc.
• Include a brief description of the course and course goals.
• Include 3 learning objectives for your learners.
• Create 7 multiple choice questions for students to take at the end of the course.
• Complete the disclosure statement
• Include your resume.
• SUBMIT ALL MATERIALS IN A SINGLE E-MAIL TO 2020LearningSeries@ThePEERCenter.org
- Cultural Competence
- Human Trafficking
- Benefits Planning
- Trauma Informed Care
- Opioid Epidemic
- Opioids: What are they?
- Mobile Response Crisis Team Peer Supporters
- Parent Peer Supporters
- Youth Peer Supporters
- De-escalation Techniques
- Grant Writing
- Suicide – Lora Pots
- Transitioning into the Workplace
- Workplace Issues
- Social Media and TAY
- Balancing the Peer and Professional Relationship
- Culture of Poverty
- Resiliency & Relapse
- Implicit Bias
- Spirituality in Recovery
- Sexual Assault in the Military
- Domestic Violence for both men and women (how to assist)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Trauma Informed Peer Support
- Exploited Peers in the Workforce
- Grief and Loss
- Peer Support Panel to discuss their job issues and concerns (e.g. cultural diversity, ethics and boundaries)
- Faith Based Recovery System
- Transitioning from Prison programming
- Panel of Community Resources
Do you have a different idea? Let us know. If you have a unique idea and need assistance in developing your presentation, please contact email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.